Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Dashain experience

                                              Dashain

Dashain is the greatest festival of Hindus. It is celebrated for fifteen days in the month of Aswin. It is celebrated to remember Ram's victory over Rawan. All the schools,colleges, government and non-government organizations remain closed during this festival.

   The first nine days are called Navaratri (nine nights). During these days, people worship Durga, the Goddess of power. First day of Dashain is called Ghatasthapana. In this day we planted jamara at our home. After that comes the Fulpati. In this day I went the temple of goddess Durga with my family. At evening I enjoy a lot with my brothers and sisters by playing cards and eating delicious food. The eighth day of Dashain is called Asthami. On this day our family sacrifice a goat in temple. After that we did pooja of our vehicles. I helped my uncle in washing bikes. The tenth day of Dashain is called Bijaya Dashami which is the most important day in Nepalese history. In this we put tika from our elders and get a lot of blessings. This was my best day among all the days because in this day all the family members were together having a lot of fun. In this day I enjoyed a lot by putting tika from parents and grandparents. We clicked some photos while putting tika.

I have a lot of fun during Dashain time with all family members. It was so exciting and memorable experience in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

  DASHAIN Dashain , also  Bijaya Dashami ) is a festival originating from  Nepal . In parts of India, it is called  Dashera .  Dashera. Dash...